How can I view All team calendars within an instance without knowing their names?

Holly Hayes July 9, 2015

As we have been learning about Confluence, we have created (and thought deleted) a number of team calendars. However, it appears that we did not actually delete them as they occasionally show up. We want to do some house cleaning. Where can I find all team calendars associated with an instance?  I was hoping to find a macro or perhaps something in Content Tools under Space Tools that would list them all, but it has eluded me.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2015

Hi Holly,

I'm not aware of any way to do this from the web interface. It doesn't look like the calendar search function supports wildcards.

If you have database access or can work with a DBA, you can fetch all the subcalendars and filter them out to show only the individual parent calendars. We're using Oracle, but something similar should work with MySQL/PostgreSQL.

SELECT distinct(dbms_lob.substr(name,4000,1)) FROM AO_950DC3_TC_SUBCALS

Since the name column (which actually contains the name values for the parent calendars) is a CLOB in the database, a little trickery (substring) was needed to be able to run a distinct function on it.

Sounds like a good feature request though; nothing even in the plugin admin allows you to view all calendars.

Holly Hayes July 16, 2015

Thanks Daniel. I can talk with our DBA. Would be a nice function for administrators.

Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

Hi Holly, just wondering if this ended up working for you and if your DBA had to make any query changes if you're running on a different database engine.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events