How can I use links in the table of the Chart Macro?

Michaela Gluchow August 21, 2018

Hi there,

We are using the Chart Macro to generate Gantt Charts. 

Today we wanted to put links to other Confluence pages in the data table.

Unfortunately we get the following error message:

Error while rendering the 'chart': org.dom4j.DocumentException: Error on line 1 of document : The entity "auml" was referenced, but not declared. Nested exception: The entity "auml" was referenced, but not declared.

Is there any way to use links there? If so, how?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

Hi @Michaela Gluchow did you use any special characters in your document? Like an 'ä'? Where do you get your data from? 

Hey. Yes, using plenty of it. Is there a way to use them? Otherwise I would just use "Link" or some other title. 

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

Hi Michaela,

Do you have Table Filter and Charts add-on? If yes, then you could use Chart from Table macro as a workaround.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

Hi @Michaela Gluchow - as the error says 

Error on line 1 of document +

I would first try to delete or not use the special character 'ä' (and the others) and if this still not working - have a look on documentation here.

Is there a way to use them? 

Not sure about that - but before working on that I would give @Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_ solution a try. 

If you still have time - have a look on the data you are using for the table - how are they formatted -> those 'Umlaute' often cause problems.....

Getting rid of the "Umlaute" and the "ß" worked very well. Wouldn't have thought about something like that, as in normal texts it works fine in the chart macro. I now just used "Link" as title instead of the real page names. Now everything works fine. Thanks for helping.

The mentioned plugin is unfortunately not installed, so I couldn't look into that further. 

Best regards

Michaela

Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2018

Glad you resolved the issue, Michaela!

In case you want to try the Chart from Table macro, here is the demo site where you can play with it (feel free to edit and create pages).

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2018

Perfect that everything worked fine! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events