How can I use a date as a variable within a template

Will Lovett February 26, 2016

I am attempting to create a template for our 4-weekly sprint reports.

Included within it are multiple tasks, assigned to various team members, and I want to add a due date to these tasks.  In a normal page, I would type '//' then select a date.

However, the two dates I care about are the sprint start date and sprint end date, and each of these appears many times in the template.

Therefore, I want to add $start_date and $end_date variables.

However, when I create a new page based on this template, confluence does not expand '//' into a date entry dialogue, and so the resultant tasks are not properly tagged with due dates.

Is there any way to achieve what I need here?

2 answers

0 votes
Stephan Sutter February 28, 2016

Hi,

Our plugin the Page Tree Creator has a date picker and is very easy to use. It also supports multi-page templates without any programming skills.

I know, this is not exaclty the answer you are looking for, but give our Page Tree Creator a try.

Marketplace link: Page Tree Creator

Regards,
Stephan

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2016

I don't know if I understand your question correctly.

If you want to add the date picker to your blueprint template, the XML fragment (storage format) is this:

<time datetime="2016-02-26"/>

Don't know if this applies also to user templates (if you are referring to them).

This project may serve as an example: https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/confluence-business-blueprints/, especially BusinessBlueprintsContextProviderHelper

Hope this helps ...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events