How can I update a Template/Blueprint Variable using Comala Document Management?

Stephen Andary February 12, 2021

I am trying to use {workflow|header=SPACEKEY:Template Name} to display a header on a page because {pageheader} macro is not giving me desired results:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/When-using-same-space-publishing-how-can-I-make-viewers-see-the/qaq-p/1610055

Is it possible to update template/blueprint variables via Comala workflow? I see no documentation and no example of using the header parameter in workflow macro, though it is stated this is an alternative to {pageheader} in docs. I also see no documentation on how to reference variables that are on the blueprint from Comala Workflow. 

It is also good to note that when using "header" or "headertemplate" parameters in {workflow} macro, it does not let you use workflow builder and you must use markup editor. The table will display, however, so it is working.

Thanks for the help. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Rink
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2021

Hello again, Stephen,

In regards to this question, unfortunately it can’t be updated; the header or headertemplate option is used to display a Page Template, and Page template variables can’t be updated.

Template/blueprint variables can be referenced in workflows, if the variables are placed in Page Properties macro. For more details on how to reference Page Properties, please see here.

In addition, the Confluence page needs to be created through the template and both the workflow and the template/blueprint need to have the same label.

In this case, you don’t use the header option.

We do have some documentation on Blueprints here.

And yes, “header” is not supported in the Builder.

Let me know if I can help with anything further! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events