How can I turn off global notifications in Conflunece

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2018

While we are building our Confluence Space I do not want anyone that is a user to received email notifications that these pages are being created or being edited.  Is there a way to disable these notifications globally?

Thank You,

Amanda

2 answers

0 votes
Steffi Frank February 24, 2018

Hi Amanda

there is a (free) plugin in atlassian marketplace "no emailstorm" https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/confluence.extra.noemailstorm/server/overview

this plugin adds a button while editing a page "save & notify". The "save" action won't send mails to your users

Best regards, Steffi

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2018

Hi Amanda,

In Confluence server you can disable the plugin that provides notifications, as described in How to globally disable e-mail notifications with page content

For Confluence Cloud, your options are:

I look forward to hearing what works for you.

Thanks,

Ann

Mandi Chiancone
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2018

Hi Ann - thank you for the suggestions.  I am going to use the 'Remove' permission until the space is complete and then manage watchers on a case-by-case scenario.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2018

Thank you for circling back to let us know your decision.

Have a great weekend!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events