How can I track page access frequency and time?

Hi all,

I have performance issues with my customer facing wiki and I want to figure out what's taking the time. Most of the activity is read not write so I figure that looking at access frequency and time to access will guide me to the pages which are most likely to be a problem.

How have you tracked this kind of data, is there a confluence plugin or do you just use apache as a local proxy can collect stats from apache?

Thanks for the help.

Peter

1 answer

Hi Peter,

A good plugin for analysing usage data of your Confluence is the Google Analytics plugin, as this gives detailed feedback on usage patterns etc: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/me.davidsimpson.confluence.plugins.googleanalytics

However, we have much better tools for logging processes and checking what is causing slowdowns in your instance, and you might also find that the slowdowns aren't necesasarily being caused by users but the backup process or something else, so I would suggest you enable profiling as described in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Troubleshooting+Slow+Performance+Using+Page+Request+Profiling

You can also reequest assistance from Support if the performance issue continues or if you need assistance deciphering the logs you generate running profiling.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,008 views 22 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you