Scott Welker August 2, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Removing Labels

How can I tell who added a given label?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Welker September 21, 2016

Users cannot tell who added a given label.

However, Stephen Deutsch offered a promising macro you may get your administrator to install.

3 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Here's a short user macro to be able to tell who added the labels (you should set it to be viewable only by system administrators so it doesn't confuse regular users):

## @noparams
#foreach ( $labelling in $content.getLabellings() )
  <p> $labelling.label.name added by $labelling.owningUser.name on $labelling.lastModificationDate </p>
#end

Thanks Stephen. While I appreciate that, we simply aren't interested in maintaining a bunch of patch-work band aids (plugins, macros, etc.).

For now our answer is that users cannot tell who added a given label.

3 votes
Konstantin Mitov [Botron]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Hi Scott,

If you wish to view who added a specific label, to a specific issue, you can see that in the issue history tab.

Regards,

Konstantin

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2016

He is asking about Confluence. Who added what label doesn't show up in page history. Adding a label does not cause the page to increment revision (at last as until 5.9.7). I think your only option is the user macro @Stephen Deutsch provided below.

Quite right Bill Bailey. I've concluded that the end-user simply cannot sad.

As is far too often the case, the Atlassian/Confluence answer is install some plugin that the average user simply has little hope of accomplishing. Broken by design :-/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events