How can I tell which plugins are being used in Confluence

Darren Martz May 9, 2012

We had a (typical?) starting point of adding too many plugins and are finding some of the plugins are not upgrading as quick as Atlassian. We want to review our plugin usage and look to thin out our list, but we do not know how often or where plugins are being used. Is there some way to find that out?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

Hi Darren,

You can audit what plugins are installed via Browse -> Confluence Admin -> Plugins and you can search for where plugins are being used with the following search syntax:

macroName: <macro>*

where <macro> is the name of the macro, e.g.

macroName: include*

Hat tip to Sarah Maddox for blogging about this at:

http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/how-to-search-confluence-for-usage-of-a-macro/

Hope that helps?

Andrew.

Darren Martz May 9, 2012

Wow, that is awesome. It doesn't tell me about the plugin, but the next closest thing... the macros within the plugin.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2012

Yeah, been trought that... Luckly, in my case there weren't too many. I had to do it manually, reading for what they do and looking in what cases could be used. Not the best way, but I'm sure it is the most secure way.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events