How can I tell where an excerpt is included?

Sheila L April 18, 2023

I'm looking at a page created by someone else. There's an excerpt. How do I find out where this excerpt is included? I don't want to add text to the excerpt if it doesn't also apply to the included portion.

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2023

Hello @Sheila L that does seem to be a shortcoming of the native excerpt macro. It is one of the reasons we went to the multi-excerpt macro. Yes it is paid, but it does let you have more than one named excerpt per page, and has the ability to see where it is used.

Won't help you here but maybe for the future?

I did see this answer that may give you the search string to find what you need. I have not tested it, but maybe it will help

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Find-includes-to-excerpts/qaq-p/1719338 

Sheila L April 19, 2023

I couldn't get that search string to work. It found all pages that contained the specified text instead of pages that contain the macro. Thank you though!

The plug-in is an interesting idea. I'll have to see if my company will pay for it.

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2023

I like the multi-except because I can place a number of excerpts on a single page (and out of the main ToC). Makes it much easier to admin common content shared by pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events