How can I stop my restricted confluence pages showing up as issue links in JIRA?

Helen Durrant October 2, 2018

I've created several wiki pages in confluence that are private to me and one or two other team members. I mention JIRA issues on those pages, so in JIRA, I can see the issue links that show "mentioned in" - with links back to confluence.

Today I discovered that other team members who do not have access to view the confluence pages or their parent page can see the page links in JIRA.

In my opinion this should not be happening. Is this a bug, or is there a way to stop this?

Thanks in advance. 

4 answers

0 votes
satvidh January 5, 2023

This message is NOT the solution to the problem. It is mainly to share the method I used to clean up the links to those restricted pages from the JIRA issues.

• Navigate to the restricted page.
  • If there are any links to this page in Jira issues, you will see xx Jira Links at the top of the page, where xx is the number of links.
  • Click on that link and it will show the list of Jira issues that have the link. In my case, it showed 5 at a time.
  • I went to each of those 5, removed the mentioned in link, refreshed the wiki page, picked up the next 5, and rinse and repeat until I removed all the links.
0 votes
Paul Caron September 9, 2021

I found a work-around:

When pasting a Jira issue URL in a confluence page, it automatically inserts a Jira Issue/Filter Macro. Press escape when pasting it and the Macro is removed, but the URL remains there in clear. This way, it is not considered as a link in the Jira issue.

But, it would be better if there was an option inside the macro to 'not generate any links' automatically.

0 votes
Aymeric Esqué October 1, 2020

I have the same issue

0 votes
Dmitry Razumikhin March 30, 2020

I have occur this behavior too. How I can turn off this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events