How can I show child pages in confluence by default?

Every confluence installation (both cloud and on-prem) I've used in my past 4 companies has always showed a list of child pages if they existed, when viewing any given page.

Now that we've migrated to Confluence cloud version at my new company, this is no longer the case. Parent pages are easy of course since they show up right at the title. However, it takes several clicks and digging and scrolling to find child pages, which seems very unintuitive.

2 answers

By the way, I did look up documentation, and found this:https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/children-display-macro-724765170.htmlHowever, it didn't work. I tried adding a footer entry for our whole Space, and if I just added {children} as a macro, the page literally prints that tag at the bottom of the page, followed by a bunch of asian characters (seems like a bug).

Works for me. 

• Click space tools->Look & Feel
  • Select sidebar/header and footer tab.
  • Inside footer section add {children} wikimarkup

You can also try page tree macro

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-tree-macro-163414255.html

Doing exactly the steps you listed, the bottom of every page now says this:

"Unable to render {children}. This macro only works on pages."

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Organizing your space just got easier - Page Tree Drag & Drop is here

Hi Community! I’m Elaine, Confluence Product Manager. You may have read my earlier post about page tree in space navigation sidebar. I'm excited to share another improvement that helps you organize ...

70 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you