Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I setup a user so the person only gets acess to specific pages?

Daniel Park January 29, 2017

We can give users access to a  limited set of spaces without too much trouble, but is there a way I can have a user that is locked down except for a few pages that have been enabled for that user?

Configuring at the sapce level:  https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/210400

2 answers

0 votes
David Sumlin January 29, 2017

@Daniel Park, you can't do that simply.  Confluence is built around the concept of granting groups of people spaces, and then letting page creators restrict specific pages.  That means, you'd have to make sure that every page in a space was restricted for that one user, except for the pages that you wanted him to see.  This is an unwieldy and unrealistic way to do it.

We struggled with this also, but in the end, the collaboration focus within Conluence convinced us to allow people to see more things vs less.  To this day we're still amazed at how many people watch pages & spaces which to us seem to have nothing to do with their job description.  Is this a problem?  Depends on how you look at it.

There are addons that might be semi-useful for you though I don't know if it's very practical for what you're looking for.  

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.perimeter/server/overview

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2017

The process is the reverse - you only allow the other Users to see their pages

Use Page View Restrictions (via Ellipsis three dot icon) to select which Users you are ALLOWING  to see the pages - just don't include that person in the list

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events