How can I set the column width of page properties report?

Sanjana Mehta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2017

I am trying to compare different page property reports on one page. However, due to column width differences, they are not aligned.

How can I set the column width on a page property report?

4 answers

5 votes
Dmitry Ree August 28, 2018

Page Properties Report Macro - Ability to define column widths.png

Michael Klos
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 10, 2018

This is excellent - Thank you!

Artem Pletnev October 2, 2018

@Dmitry Ree, can you help me.
I have the next code of my page. Where I should put this style code and how I should change it for my example if I need set up width of Description column equal 250px.

Снимок экрана 2018-10-02 в 17.33.11.png

Dmitry Ree October 2, 2018

Artem, the style code above is embedded using the html macro which needs to be enabled by your administrator as it is disabled be default for security reasons.

Dorian Workman December 11, 2018

@Dmitry Ree I have the HTML Macro enabled but I cannot figure out how to get this to work.  Presumably I put your code in an HTML macro window on the same page as the page properties report?  How do I reference the columns in my page properties report?  I want to adjust the width of the second column in my page properties report.  I tried the code in the below screenshot, but it didn't work.  Can anyone help please?

Column Width.JPG

Artem Pletnev December 11, 2018

@Dorian Workman try this

<style>
table:first-of-type td.confluenceId {
border: none;
}
table.aui.metadata-summary-macro Th:nth-child(3)
{
 min-width:300px
}
table.aui.metadata-summary-macro Th:nth-child(4)
{
}
table.aui.metadata-summary-macro Th:nth-child(5)
{
}
</style>
Like # people like this
Dmitry Ree December 11, 2018

@Dorian Workman try adding the td tag for columns. You can inspect DOM elements through Chrome Dev Tools.

Dorian Workman December 12, 2018

Thanks @Artem Pletnev this worked!

Caroline Burgess August 8, 2019

Hi. I posted a similar question. If any of you are able to assist, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-I-set-the-column-width-of-page-properties-report-follow/qaq-p/1148140

Swapnil Kamble December 18, 2020

Hello, I have the HTML Macro but I am unable to figure out where to put it? I have the same question: How do I reference the columns in my page properties report? can anyone help me [ I am using Confluence Cloud]

2 votes
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2020

If you have the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app installed for your instance, you may try the Table Transformer macro and its changing column width feature.

Here is an example with screenshots - just wrap your Page Properties Report macro in the Table Transformer macro and type in a custom SQL query.

0 votes
KahWen Tan April 2, 2019

Hi guys,

Does the above solution work if we have the HTML comment macro using the Marco Toolbox on Confluence Cloud?

<style>table:first-of-type td.confluenceId {
border: none;
}
table.aui.metadata-summary-macro Th:nth-child(3)
{
}
table.aui.metadata-summary-macro Th:nth-child(4)
{
}
table.aui.metadata-summary-macro Th:nth-child(5)
{
}</style>
0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 22, 2017

Hi Sanjana,

There is a feature request asking to be able to set the column widths for Page Properties Report Macro, that you're welcome to vote on and follow:

If you're on Server, you may be able to control the column width using the code mentioned in this Community comment as well as trying to go in with the Source Editor plugin later and specifying it there.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events