How can I set global email notification settings for all Confluence users?

Shaheeb Roshan April 10, 2021

I would like to be able to set the following default email notification settings for all existing and new Confluence users:

• Autowatch:  true
  • Subscribe to recommended updates:  true
  • All other notifications:  false

If a user is inclined to, then that person can turn on/off any of these.  I'm looking to set the defaults to improve the experience for less-experienced or infrequent users within Confluence.  I would rather not have to send each user instructions on how to set/change these parameters.

I do not see any settings page that allows me to administratively set these at a global level.  I also do not see a way to set these parameters on behalf of my users (which would suck, but I can throw some hours at this and get it done).

Any advice?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2021

Hi @Shaheeb Roshan,

No, indeed - you cannot update those settings globally, unfortunately. User preferences are personal settings and up to users to tweak for themselves. I would recommend to communicate about the existence of those and maybe include the information in the onboarding / training of new users. It does indeed make a huge difference if notifications are balanced out nicely.

One thing you can adjust globally is the frequency of the recommended updates email. In case you had not found that setting yet, read more about it in this support article. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events