How can I see which spaces a user group has access to WITHOUT running an SQL

Yasar Hanafi December 1, 2019

Hi,

I need to see a list of spaces and also the permissions that a particular user group has access to. Other solutions to my question require me to run a back end SQL query. I'm not an SQL guru and nor do I have admin access to run queries in a database. This type type of reporting is standard in most systems and I assumed Confluence would have this function already built, but I couldn't find it anywhere.  It seems the Confluence product incomplete, lacking important enterprise level functionality.

Other solutions require me to run a query on the  database:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-list-which-spaces-a-group-can-access-720636535.html

Thanks,

Yasar

1 answer

0 votes
Evan Golden {VisualScript}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2019

Hello Yasar, 

VisualScript for Confluence can be used.  You could create a page, and run the macros with a custom script.  The tool can search through spaces, and user groups and visualize the relationships of those data points in a report.  

FYI - I work on the VisualScript product team.

Thanks

Evan

Yasar Hanafi December 9, 2019

Thanks Evan,

I feel Atlassian should be providing reporting in Confluence as a core functionality and not being forced to look for other vendors to meet this need. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events