How can I see ALL spaces?

Alicia Pena February 17, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Confluence 5.9 Release Notes

I can only see a space if it was recently modified.  I don't want to search for spaces, I want to see them all listed so I can browse them and choose from a list.  I was planning an upgrade to 5.9 this weekend in production but after upgrading in the lab I don't like 5.9 at all.  Maybe if we could view the list of spaces as we did before it wouldn't be so bad.

2 answers

2 votes
Nick Reilingh February 17, 2016

This page on your confluence instance lists all spaces:

https://confluence.example.com/spacedirectory/view.action

You can access this through the interface in two ways:

1. In the header bar, click the spaces menu, and select "Space directory" at the bottom of the menu.
  2. From the 5.9 dashboard, look at the "My Spaces" section of the sidebar, and click the "All" link next to the heading.
0 votes

I did that and it doesn't show any spaces at all.  If I click the ALL next to my spaces (as in step 2), it takes me to Space directory; All Spaces, Site Spaces, personal spaces, my spaces, archived spaces all show "No spaces found."  The only way I can confirm it can get to any page is if I click on Discover, All updates and then click on something that has been recently updated.  It then takes me directly to that page only.

I found a way to switch back to my old dashboard.  Will this set the old dashboard default for everyone?  If not, how can I as administrator set the old dashboard as a default for everyone?

Well, you're definitely in the right place – I'm on 5.9.3 and this works as expected. Your issue isn't that 5.9 is missing an "all spaces" display, it's that something is wrong with your particular instance or configuration. I would first double-check the permissions that are applied to the user account that you are using. Make sure your user account is a member of the "confluence-users" group, and/or that your Global Permissions are configured properly. If you can't figure it out you should open a support ticket.

I'm logged in as a administrator and as soon as I changed the dashboard back to the old one I see all spaces.

Ah, I didn't see that. I'm using the new dashboard with my entire team without issue. You should contact support, which you can do from the Support Tools page inside your confluence admin pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events