How can I search for pages that have the Pages Properties macro in Confluence?

Victoria Reggiardo March 14, 2019

I need to search for all pages that include the Pages Properties macro. I tried: macroName:page-properties but returned no results (I know for a fact that there should have returned lots of pages).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2019

@Victoria Reggiardo ,

You can see how many pages use this macro from the Confluence admin console:

1. Cog wheel, general configuration 
  2. Macro Usage
  3. Scroll down to Page Properties Macros
  4. a.jpg

It looks like those items are clickable.. hope this helps.

- Jonathan

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2019

When clicking the 'details', it will take you to a search results screen. From here, you will need to filter down to what you want to see.

Thanks so much @Jonathan Smith . Unfortunately, I'm not a Confluence admin, I was looking for a way in which a regular user can obtain such info.

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

@Victoria Reggiardo 

Try this link:

https://yourconfluenceURL/dosearchsite.action?cql=macro+%3D+%22details%22

- Jon

Like Dave Liao likes this
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

Anxiously awaits @Victoria Reggiardo to try the link above.

dp.gif

Hey @Jonathan Smith, it works!!

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

@Victoria Reggiardo 

Sweet! We both learned something today! 

If you are satisfied with the answer, please vote and accept this thread. 

Thanks,

Jon

I'm sorry but I'm not a coder at all, what should I change if I want to search for another macro?

Actually, what part of the URL defines the Page Properties macro?

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

https://yourconfluenceURL/dosearchsite.action?cql=macro+%3D+%22details%22

• Assuming cql means confluence query language

Other examples:

Attachments macro
https://yourconfluenceurl/dosearchsite.action?cql=macro+%3D+%22attachments%22

Info macro
https://yourconfluenceurl/dosearchsite.action?cql=macro+%3D+%22info%22

Your admin should be able to supply the desired URLs for other macros if needed.

- Jon

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

I don't think your going to be able to 100% guess the URLs. Some like page properties macro say "details" in the URL..

@Jonathan Smith , that's great. This is really helpful, thanks!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2019

Thanks @Jonathan Smith  an option for admin I didn't use yet :) - maybe a tip for everyone using macroName: nameofmacro* check out the correct name of the macro with your browser using F12 cause search is really really a *miau* here ;)

Like Jonathan Smith likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

Hi @Victoria Reggiardo ,

What is your purpose for searching for pages with this macro?

Reminder: Page Properties Report macro + page label would populate a dashboard with contents from those desired pages.

- Jon

@Jonathan Smith

We want to know the number of pages that use that specific macro.

Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2019

Note: Since your search had special characters, you might have to put quotes around that.

@Jonathan Smith

Thanks for your reply, macroName:"page-properties" is not working either.

2 votes
Liza Top December 8, 2020

Way too late for the original question, but I'll add it for future Googlers. Use the following in a search field:

macroName:details*

The technical name of the page properties macro is "details" not "page-properties". The * is needed to prevent possible search problems. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-search-syntax-158720.html

Tested and used in Confluence Server 7.8.3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events