How can I retrieve data from ServiceNow CMDB to add to my space

Stuart Pelton September 29, 2020

Hello, 

I am creating a space for our support teams and part of the space would be around servers - within our ServiceNow we have all the details of the server etc and would  like to retrieve them for use within the space, this way I am not duplicating data and any updates carried out within Servicenow will reflect within the Space Pages.

Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks in advance 

1 answer

5 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2020

Hi @Stuart Pelton 

We had the exact same request. Not with servers but with some project / service informations. 

I will explain our solution, which may not be the best, but for our case, it was pretty cool!

We have purchased the plugin "PocketQuery" by LivelyApps. What can this plugin do?

• Get Data from SQL 
  • Get Data from REST API

Service Now provide some good REST interface, but we made our own (we have Service Now developers which did that). So we can call a REST API with a parameter by using PocketQuery and this gets the informations we need. Like so: 

This is the table in the VIEW mode

image.png

This is the table in the edit modeimage.png

This is the pocketquery macro

image.png

You can then set a cache if you want and also you can set whether the confluence search should find the data from the pocketquery.

Hope this helps

Regards, Dominic

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events