How can I retrieve a list of versions from a project in JIRA to display in confluence?

Christopher Winters
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2014

I want to produce a Confluence page that has a list of Versions for a particular project.  When a new version is added, it should reflect immediately in Confluence.  Further, I'd like to link this output in Confluence to a JIRA report page for each Version that shows a summary, the release date and list of issues in this version.

Is this possible?  Can the page creation be automated?

2 answers

4 votes
Christopher Winters
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 13, 2014

Thanks Ed – From my experience so far, the JQL result set is always a list of issues.  What I want to return is a list of the Versions themselves, not a list of issues in each version.  

pseudo-query:

select Name, Description, StartDate, ReleaseDate from versions_table where project = "myProject"

I know that the API can now return this data, but I'm wondering if there is a way to access this data (assuming the Application link has been established) – directly from Confluence without needing to write a macro/plugin.

1 vote
Ed Gaile
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2014

Christopher -

Not sure on the page automation - perhaps doable with command line and scripting plugins.  But if you have JIRA and Confluence linked via the Applications links, you can use JQL on the Confluence side to query JIRA for the information you want (i.e. the Versions) and have it displayed on the confluence page.

You can also use JQL to filter the JIRA information for the report you want.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events