It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I restrict user access to a part of the page\section?

I have a space for the API documentation and most part of it should be available for external users. However I want to have a section for each API available only for my team. I do not want to have this info in separate space because I want to support the documentation in one place.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi Eugene,

Try show-if! :) It is free and work well :)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.customware.confluence.plugin.visibility

Here are many macros like show-if. Everything inside is show only to users which are you set.

0 votes
Branno Atlassian Team Aug 18, 2014

Howdy Eugene!

You can setup this using Page Restrictions. These restrictions will have to be implemented on a page by page basis, but it will ensure only certain groups can see these pages.

Cheers,

Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support

But I want different restrictions for information on one page not on different pages

Branno Atlassian Team Aug 18, 2014

This functionality is not built into Confluence, and would require a plugin to achieve. You might want to check marketplace.atlassian.comto see if something there works like this.

Regards,

Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Introducing Confluence Cloud and Jira Software Cloud Premium

Wherever you are in your team’s journey , our goal is to support your big ambitions. We’re a cloud-first company with the mission of unleashing the potential of every team, and to address the range ...

694 views 5 18
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you