Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I restrict creation of pages in spaces. I want to give that access of creation of pages to few and not many? How can I do that

Bhanu Prasad August 2, 2016

Hi All,

I'm using Confluence to share the knowledge among our employees about all the technologies we have and to upload few interesting, useful videos we have. I want pages only be created by few and not many, as that would be more confusing if all the employees create there own pages. Just want to check with you how is that possible.

3 answers

0 votes
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016

Milo's recommendation is the correct way of handing what each User is allowed to do in the Space overall.

However if the objective of your Space is to share knowledge, limiting the creation process to just a few people sets a bit of an elite-ism of who has the knowledge - i.e. there may be (most likely is) a whole bunch of other knowledge held in the mass of employees that could be shared as long as you don't prevent the mass of employees creating pages.

But obviously some pages need to be maintained by ONLY a select few so that is why you can set Page Restrictions for Editing.  Go to the particular page you want to protect such that only a nominated set of people can edit the page content.  Select Ellipsis (three dot icon) then Page Restrictions.  Add each name (or Permissions Group) to the list of allowed Editors.  Note you have to do this page-by-page that you want to restrict the editing users

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2016
  1. Go to User management:
    image2016-8-2 10:40:50.png
  2. Select Groups:
    image2016-8-2 10:41:38.png
  3. Click Create group:
    image2016-8-2 10:42:4.png
  4. Create a new group and add the editors to that group.
  5. Go to the space in question and select Permissions from the Space tools menu:
    image2016-8-2 10:43:0.png
  6. Add the group you created in steps 3 and 4 and give them Add Pages access:
    image2016-8-2 10:44:28.png 
  7. Give everyone else (probably the confluence-users group) only View and optionally Comments Add access.

0 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 2, 2016

Just put editors in their own group and give only that group Add Pages access to the space.

Bhanu Prasad August 2, 2016

Hi Milo,

Thanks for ur answer.

Can U please brief me more, how we can do it?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events