How can I remove the 'Power by Atlassian' bar from appearing on my wiki page?

Rick Wolfe December 2, 2012

I've created a page that displays the contents of an excel spreadsheet. When I save the page and then view it, right in the middle of the page a banner appears. 'Powered by Atlassian Confluence....'.

Does anyone know how I can keep that from happening?

19 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rick Wolfe December 17, 2012

I'll live with the problem.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2012

I'm not sure why you think you don't have rights here - as I said already, if you are admin, then you have troubleshooting options.

If not, then talk to your admins (Atlassian if you're using OnDemand).

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2012

Is this is an Atlassian OnDemand instance? If so, please raise a support request.

0 votes
Rick Wolfe December 10, 2012

Again, I'm sorry, but that just isn't going to happen. I can't do it, and there is no wiki support where I work. Guess my karma will sink like the proverbial rock, but it is what it is. Now I'm going back to work.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2012

If you're the admin, you have lots of troubleshooting options, testing with different themes and so-on, even if it is your own personal space (As an admin, you can enable that option). If you're not the admin, you need to talk to the people who do have it, because they need to fix it.

0 votes

This is on our corporate wiki, so I don't have any tshooting options.

0 votes

Sorry, but I won't be able to change the 'theme' on the space.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2012

Ok, well that pretty much breaks some of the more simple debugging you could do. How about the theme on your own space? Does it happen in your personal space at all? And if you change themes there?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2012

Ah, I've just been chatting with an ex-colleague and he remembers seein this. As Jamie says, it IS something in the css or html, and he saw it happen with a certain plugin. Sadly, we don't know which one. One quick trick though - could you test a change of "theme" on a space that is seeing the problem?

0 votes

It's browser independent.

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

Just as a thought... what browser are you using? Have you tried switching browsers and seeing what happens?

0 votes
Rick Wolfe December 3, 2012

The bar appears over the text, usually somewhere in the middle of the page. It is a 'floaring' bar, in that if you grab the bottom edge of the browser window and move it up and down you will see that the bar position also moves.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2012

I have seen something similar. It's a bug, you should report it via a support request. The raw HTML may be be helpful, it's probably a css/javascript issue.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2012

So, the bar is underneath ALL of the body text of the page? I.e. your content, then the bar?

0 votes
Rick Wolfe December 3, 2012

Nothing. I'm calling the child page from the parent page. When I view the parent page the bar is in the middle of the page, cover text. Like I stated before, if I resize the page the bar will move.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2012

Ok, what appears below the footer bar after you save the page?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 2, 2012

Do you mean it appears right in the middle of the page, or at the bottom?

You are legally obliged to keep it at the bottom. But you can't do the code changes to remove it from OnDemand, even if you weren't - code changes are not available to the users of OnDemand.

If it really is in the middle of the page, then you've got a legitimate bug somewhere - start by having a look at the raw HTML by pressing ctrl-u

0 votes
Rick Wolfe December 2, 2012

Yes, that it appears in the middle of the page. It doesn't do it in the preview view, but shows up when the page is saved and then viewed. The banner moves if you adjust the size of the browser window, but that doesn't help much.

I'll check the HTML but I'm not sure what to look for.

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2012

You can edit the footer using the instructions on the page:

How to Edit the Footer in Confluence

..but be aware that removing the Powered by Atlassian would be in breach of the EULA (section #4.6).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events