Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I quickly remove users of Confluence who haven't logged in for 3 months?

David Hornsby February 13, 2014

Currently the only way I can see to remove users is individually by their name...

I need to remove 90+ users....

3 answers

0 votes
David Hornsby February 14, 2014

Thanks again for such a quick response Luther, and please accept my apologies I should've stated that I am using the 'OnDemand' version of the product...I don't think I have access to the DB...

0 votes
David Hornsby February 13, 2014

Hi Luther,

Thanks for your response.

I'm guessing this can't be configured based on a user's last log in?

When the Imacro is replayed how does it decide which user to disable?

Thanks again

Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2014

This may not be the answer you were looking for, but if I had around 100 users to delete I would do this:

1. Write a SQL report to display users who have not logged in recently.

2. Extract those usernames from the SQL report.

3. Record the following event in confluence (Search for the 'username' > delete user) This will give you 2 lines in Imacros for every delete.

4. I would then wrap the code around each username that I pulled out of SQL. This would give me 2 lines in IMacros per user deletion.

5. Run it to delete only the user names specified from the SQL report.

This obviously assumes that you have access to SQL and can easily wrap some code around the username section of the Imacro recording using excell or something. Hopefully all that isn't too confusing.

0 votes
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2014

Removing them individually is the way to go. For doing repetative stuff like this though, I typically use Imacros. You can record the event of removing a user and then configure it to be replayed and remove the remainder of users.

Not an official 'Atlassian' method by any means, but an effective way to do some browser automation. Imacros is a firefox plugin that you can use to automate stuff in your browser and it's free.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events