Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent users from viewing images that are attached to a Confluence page?

Eliezer Basner [EXT] November 21, 2019

After our Confluence space is published to the web, if I double-click on an image, the image is displayed in an image viewer. Using the image viewer, I can scroll through all the images on the current page, but if I continue scrolling I can also see all the images (even old versions of the images which are no longer displayed on the current page) that are attached to the page. I do not want our users to be able to see our old drafts. How can I configure the page so that users can only see the current images if they try scrolling with the image viewer? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 21, 2019

Hi @Eliezer Basner [EXT]  and @Adi Atzmony 

If you delete a file or an image from the editor, the file or image will not be deleted. It will be needed to be deleted under Attachments. 

You'll have to delete it under Attachments. Please see screenshot below.  In case this answers your question, would appreciate you to accept the answer :)

Let me know how you go. 

Cheers

Poorvi

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 9.21.48 AM.png

Eliezer Basner [EXT] November 24, 2019

Hi Poorvi, @Poorvi Jhawar 

Thanks for your reply.

However, I am still not sure how to delete the image. When I go to Attachments, I see the image filename that I want to delete, but how do I delete the file once I have selected it? 

Thanks,

Eliezer

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 24, 2019

Hi @Eliezer Basner [EXT] 

There will be an option to Delete,  if you can't see it. It probably means you don't have the space permission. 

Attachment_versions.pngHope this helps :)

Let me know how you go. 

Cheers

Poorvi

Eliezer Basner [EXT] November 24, 2019

Thanks soo much. Poorvi!

I don't see Delete, but at least I knew what to look for!

I will have to ask my Admin or ask for permissions.

Cheers,

Eliezer 

Poorvi Jhawar
Marketplace Partner
November 25, 2019

Hey @Eliezer Basner [EXT] 

Sounds good. If it helped you, would you like to accept my answer :) 

Cheers

Poorvi

Eliezer Basner [EXT] November 25, 2019

Yes, Poorvi, I will accept your answer. Thanks so much!!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events