How can I prevent other users to create a team calendar?

Erica Yeh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 1, 2015

It seems like Confluence Team Calendar right now only allows admins to restrict a calendar in terms of viewing and editing. But where can I go to set up a restriction for any regular users from creating new calendars? Because right now, I'm seeing users creating various team calendars. And I'm afraid that the calendars might get very messy sooner or later. 

I guess I'm looking for a similar function as the "global permission" for Confluence where I can prevent non-admins from creating a site space. But can I set up a global permission within the Team Calendar to only allow users to create their "personal" calendar and not a "team" calendar? 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Erica

8 answers

1 vote
Deleted user February 15, 2020

same issue in 2020.

1 vote
Erica_Garcia July 17, 2019

Bump - same issue here. What did others determine to solve/workaround?

1 vote
Matthew Mallard September 6, 2018

Bump. We are also in a situation where we have external and internal users using the same Confluence instance. We need separation between the two groups in the Team Calendar area.

1 vote
Jurriaan van Reijsen October 28, 2015

Hi, we have a similar requirement. Just as you would want to be able to restrict which users (groups) are allowed to create spaces and pages, you would want to be able to allow or disallow certain users or groups to add/create new calendars.

In our client's case, we are looking at a situation where both internal staff and external partners are using the same Confluence platform. Internal staff should be able to add/create new calendars, but external partners not.

It would only make sense to me to have an option to allow/disallow new calendars to be created, just as it is only logical that you would want to restrict users/groups from creating new spaces and pages. Without it, Confluence could become too much cluttered.

Is there any way to achieve this currently or is it anticipated as a future feature?

PS: We are not on cloud but on server.

0 votes
Zbynek Dalecky (O-RAN)
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2020

Hello, same issue in our case. Could anyone from @Atlassian care about this, please?

Thank you!

0 votes
Admin March 22, 2017

Hi,

Is this resolved, did any one have solution for this? 

Even we are facing this issue, when multiple people are creating calendars and it is messing up all the events. How to restrict creation of calendars to a specific set of users or a particular group.

0 votes
Miroslav Kralik October 4, 2016

We have the same issue. Other people are creating calendars in someone's spaces and it bombards the space owner with lots of not related email notifications. I see it would be good to introduce a new permission type in the space level to restrict who can create calendars. 

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2015

hey Erica, 

I'm not sure if you would be able to do it in a Cloud instance or even the server one, once we have some specific permissions to only avoid the content to be visualised there. However, in this request, we have some users and developers talking about possibilities on the restriction of Team Calendars:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/TEAMCAL-536

Cheers, 

Giu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events