Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prevent from getting the "unknown attachment" icon instead of my images?

Mark Probeck April 23, 2021

I upload my images directly to each page, but it is becoming more common that when I need to make a page update all the images become "unknown attachment".  I am not sure if it happens to the same page multiple times, but some of my pages have a lot of images and this is huge problem.  I can sometimes go back to the previous version of the page and the images will save correctly but this is not always a good option if my last save contained a large amount of changes.  I have looked at the help articles and they were of no help. Any help would be appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2021
Mark Probeck April 28, 2021

The document doesn't really help too much....this is what my coding looks like:

<ac:image>
<ri:url ri:value="https://confluence.disney.com/plugins/servlet/confluence/placeholder/unknown-attachment?locale=en_US&amp;version=2"/>
</ac:image>

Seems like I just have to reload all the images to get it to work. It has nothing to do with permissions.  Possibly because images were initially pasted to the page, but the images were loaded to this specific page and loaded over every image that was originally pasted into the page,  Its frustrating as I have a lot of pages and a lot of images and to have these pages lose images like it creates a lot of needless work.

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

I did some background research on this, came to know that is it an issue with confluence. Here is the link to that issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-55928 . The fix is about to be released. Hope this helps.

-Kevin.

Mark Probeck April 29, 2021

Thanks, I hope this fix closes the door on this issue.

Like Kevin Johnson likes this
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Sure, hope the same

Patrick O_Connell September 9, 2021

I get this when editing basically any existing page. My fix is: revert, then re-open. Suddenly the images are back, after doing that.

@[deleted], how about fixing this, hmmm? I'm winding up doing a lot of re-work because if a page doesn't have images near the top, I forget about this glitch until I see our (old, drunken, abusive) friend "? Unknown Attachment." Then revert, and have to start the revision fresh.

Before someone suggests copying revised and then pasting it back in on the second edit, yes, I could do that. Just have to get into the habit, I suppose.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events