How can I move a template from one space to another?

Chris Riffey June 4, 2021

It seems like the only way to allow someone to create a template is to make them a space admin. I don't want to do this so my next option is to have the people responsible for documentation design create the templates in their own spaces and then I can move them to the correct group space or global space but I can't figure out how. How can I move a template from one space to another or "promote" a template to be a global template? 

1 answer

0 votes
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2021

Hello @Chris Riffey,

A few days back we have the same kind of request, we using Jira Server Version.

One user copied the template from one space to another space. and made it as a template.

Please try this, I didn't explore it. I just heard from one user.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Chris Riffey June 7, 2021

Hi @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH 

When you say copy, are referring to some built-in process or just manually copying the content of one template into another? If built-in, could you tell me how?

I realize we could probably just copy most of the content manually between 2 open template editor windows but that seems much too cumbersome to be a regular workflow. What I wanted to know is if there is some built-in method for simply assigning a template that is created in one space to another, or maybe even as a global template. It's fine if requires admin privs (though it would be nice for template creation to be something that could be delegated). Also, I am asking for Confluence Cloud. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events