How can I make the live search display drop down results as of 2 characters instead of 3 ?

We have a space with 2 letters country codes and they have all been set as labels and are in the page title. Our users are used to those 2 letters country codes and like to search by them.

Currently the live search macro displays content as of the 3rd character is typed in. How can I change that to 2 ?

Thanks.

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Have you tried labelText:lc

Where lc = your 2 letter code?

See also https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF55/Confluence+Search+Fields

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer.  I know this works (quite well I must say) but if users are to type in "labelText:xx"

they might as well type in the country name smile

I could insert a "hint" with this syntax but I'm not sure it would be used.

I'd rather make things simple for users who are not IT literate.

Ok - as it works you need to find a way to do a label search, pre-fill the search box with the text labelText:, or add that string behind the scenes. Some JavaScript would be one way, else make a plugin.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

398 views 4 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you