How can I make fields read-only by certain users after a certain date?

Kathleen Janiszewski April 4, 2023

I want the regular users to be able to enter their information only in the future, so I want only the admin user to be able to be able to change past data.  How would I do this?

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2023

To restrict regular users from editing past data, you can configure page restrictions in Atlassian Confluence. You can allow only the admin user to modify the page and restrict regular users from editing past data. Here are the steps to configure page restrictions:
1. Navigate to the page you want to restrict and click on the three-dot menu at the top-right corner of the page.

2. Select "Restrictions" from the menu.

3. In the restrictions panel, click on "Edit Restrictions."

4. Select the "Restrict Editing" option and choose the admin user from the dropdown list.

5. Click on "Save All" to apply the restriction. This will allow only the admin user to modify the page, and regular users will be restricted from editing past data. You can also configure user groups and give them appropriate permissions using the same "Restrictions" panel to maintain access to the pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events