How can I log Jira project activity in confluence page?

John M. Meloche February 6, 2020

I am using Jira projects and confluence.

I want to give my clients the ability to see a change log of development in our main platform.

I thought maybe there is a way to log the "Done" row on our Jira boards?

What is the best way to keep a change log public for my clients to view in Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2020

Hi @John M. Meloche

A simple way would be using the Jira Filter Macro if your two applications are linked.

If you already have a page:

1. Type "/" in the new view, or "{" in the old view and start typing "Jira"
  2. Select the macro which appears "Jira"
  3. Enter the JQL to locate your "Done" issues - a tip here is to build the JQL in Jira and copy it into Confluence, as Confluence doesn't have query pre-population
  4. Open "Display Options" which appear at the bottom to change the fields on view and maximum number of issues to display
  5. Press "Insert"

If you don't have a page yet, when you create a new page try the template "Jira Report" - where you can get a standard template for a status report or change log. You can select via the template to use JQL (like above) or just pick a project and versions!

Ste

John M. Meloche February 7, 2020

Thanks for this! It's pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. However, it seems that it's not public. I assume for someone to see all updates, they need to be a Jira user?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2020

Hi @John M. Meloche

Yes users would need to be Jira users also in this instance.

If you want to show results without them being a user you'll need to find a way to export the data and visualise it in Confluence.

This answer might be a good starting point for looking at this.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events