It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I log Jira project activity in confluence page?

I am using Jira projects and confluence.

I want to give my clients the ability to see a change log of development in our main platform.

I thought maybe there is a way to log the "Done" row on our Jira boards?

What is the best way to keep a change log public for my clients to view in Confluence?

1 answer

Hi @John M_ Meloche

A simple way would be using the Jira Filter Macro if your two applications are linked.

If you already have a page:

1. Type "/" in the new view, or "{" in the old view and start typing "Jira"
  2. Select the macro which appears "Jira"
  3. Enter the JQL to locate your "Done" issues - a tip here is to build the JQL in Jira and copy it into Confluence, as Confluence doesn't have query pre-population
  4. Open "Display Options" which appear at the bottom to change the fields on view and maximum number of issues to display
  5. Press "Insert"

If you don't have a page yet, when you create a new page try the template "Jira Report" - where you can get a standard template for a status report or change log. You can select via the template to use JQL (like above) or just pick a project and versions!

Ste

Thanks for this! It's pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. However, it seems that it's not public. I assume for someone to see all updates, they need to be a Jira user?

Hi @John M_ Meloche

Yes users would need to be Jira users also in this instance.

If you want to show results without them being a user you'll need to find a way to export the data and visualise it in Confluence.

This answer might be a good starting point for looking at this.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,532 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you