It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I link using PageID?

I am adding links in Confluence 6.4 to other Confluence pages in the same space.  In some contexts (like a draw.io add on) the links that I select on the Insert Link dialog will use the pageID.  For example, URL = /pages/viewpage.action?pageId=17534079.

If I go to a Confluence page and click on the chain icon at the top to add a link, the Insert Link dialog appears and I find the page to link (just as I did above), but now the link is saved at the "pretty" link using the name, not the pageID.

Example is URL = <our confluence site>.../display/COPM/1.4-Project+Kickoffs

If that name changes or moves the link breaks, so I want to always use the pageid link approach.  How do I make that happen?  I can't find a way that I have any control over that.  Am I missing a setting?

Thanks in advance for your help.  It will save the frustration of all of the dead links that we have to fix today.

1 answer

Hi @Kevin.Jones,

If you just want to link to the page then you just have to use the tiny link (permalink). You can find this from looking at the page information.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Lava

I don't think that this answers the problem

I have a similar issue, where there's an inconsistency in the navigation

I have 2 pages, that are under the same page. When I open the 1st one, the URL in my navigator is always the page ID, and the other one is always the page name

it's much easier to link document to the page ID, since it wont break until the page is deleted, and in our process we change pages name quite often (not every day, but still it's an issue for me)

I don't know if I can get the page ID somewhere, and my preferred solution would be to always have the page ID 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,341 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you