Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I link Epic to the bars in Roadmap template.

Sona Evanesyan May 24, 2021

Hi Everyone ,

I have created a roadmap in confluence using JIra confluence roadmap template ,  where bars have names of  epics , However I want to link epics to the bars not confluence pages and in case of necessity just go to epic right form the bar.

Or is there any other table type with timeline where I can put epic links on it.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kirk May 25, 2021

Since you can link Confluence Pages to the bars in the Confluence Roadmap, you may want to create Individual Confluence Pages for each Issue, then simply insert an Individual Jira Issue Macro to the Individual Confluence Page.

cdev-3.jpg

Amie Scarpitti February 18, 2022

This actually worked for me - my problem was I didn't realize it was working because there was a lag. It took like 4 or 5 seconds after I pasted the confluence page link where it says "Link page" for it to show up properly.  

1 vote
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2021

Hi @Sona Evanesyan,

That does not seem to work. While you can add Confluence pages to a bar in the roadmap planner macro, it is not possible to include other (clickable) links there.

As a workaround, you could add the issue key of your epics to the description of the bar and add a table with your Epics below the Roadmap planner macro on your page. If you use the Jira Issues macro for that, an advantage of that approach is that you will be able to even see the actual status of the epics on your page.

In requirements gathering it is also not an uncommon scenario to elaborate your epics in Confluence before they even exist in Jira. Should you choose such an approach, then linking the Confluence page in the roadmap macro would make sense too. And you can still combine it with the Jira issues macro I mentioned before.

Hope this helps! 

Sona Evanesyan June 1, 2021

Hi  Walter ,

I actually did this way. 

Thanks

Like Walter Buggenhout likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2021

Glad to hear that helped, @Sona Evanesyan. If you are happy with the provided workaround, could you be so kind to accept this answer? That makes it easier to find for other folks with a similar question! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events