• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • How can I let "all users" see a list of all files, even if those files are stored on pages that are restricted from their viewing; (without creating a list, manually)?

How can I let "all users" see a list of all files, even if those files are stored on pages that are restricted from their viewing; (without creating a list, manually)?

Jeremiah Salamante April 4, 2016

How can I let "all users" see a list of files (document titles), even if those files (and doc titles) are stored on pages that are restricted from their viewing? How can I do this without creating a list of all the doc titles manually?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

You can't.

Because: "are stored on pages that are restricted from their viewing".  If a user can't see something, then they can't see it.  There isn't another way to put this - they can either see it or they can't

You will need to make the files visible by allowing access to the pages, or by storing them elsewhere where they can be seen.  Take the files attached to privileged pages and move them to globally accessible pages.

1 vote
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Put the attachments on their own page that is open, then use the Attachments macro on both the protected page as well as whatever page you let everyone see.

0 votes
Jeremiah Salamante April 4, 2016

Is there a way to reference and compile a list of the file names for public viewing, without giving them access to view the actual files?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

No, because they can't see the pages that the files are attached to.  It's still a potential security leak, so it's not allowed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events