• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • How can I let "all users" see a list of all files, even if those files are stored on pages that are restricted from their viewing; (without creating a list, manually)?

How can I let "all users" see a list of all files, even if those files are stored on pages that are restricted from their viewing; (without creating a list, manually)?

How can I let "all users" see a list of files (document titles), even if those files (and doc titles) are stored on pages that are restricted from their viewing? How can I do this without creating a list of all the doc titles manually?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote

You can't.

Because: "are stored on pages that are restricted from their viewing".  If a user can't see something, then they can't see it.  There isn't another way to put this - they can either see it or they can't

You will need to make the files visible by allowing access to the pages, or by storing them elsewhere where they can be seen.  Take the files attached to privileged pages and move them to globally accessible pages.

Put the attachments on their own page that is open, then use the Attachments macro on both the protected page as well as whatever page you let everyone see.

Is there a way to reference and compile a list of the file names for public viewing, without giving them access to view the actual files?

No, because they can't see the pages that the files are attached to.  It's still a potential security leak, so it's not allowed.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,695 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you