Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I include the date of last update for a confluence page so I can see it in an included page?

Bill Gould February 5, 2018

I am looking to have a report with a number of included pages or excerpts and I would like to include the date that each included items was last updated.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2018

Hi Bill,

Both the Excerpt Include Macro and Include Page Macro do not have a way to include the last updated date. I would recommend a user macro here, such as this one from @Stephen Deutsch:

So for example, here's how it appears on my Excerpt Macro page:

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 5.32.45 PM.png

And then on the included excerpt page:

Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 5.33.38 PM.png

You can of course adjust the user macro to your liking.

If you are on Cloud, then unfortunately it's not possible to create a User Macro. For that you would need an add-on.

I have tagged your post in a way that if other users know of any add-ons that do what you need, they will be able to reach out to you here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Shannon

Bill Gould February 8, 2018

We are unfortunately in the Cloud. Any recommendations other then moving back to on-Premise?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 8, 2018

Hi Bill,

Not that I'm aware of, other than developing your own add-on for that:

I'll leave this question here in case other users are aware of a 3rd-party Cloud add-on that could do the same.

Regards,

Shannon

1 vote
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 23, 2022

Hello @Bill Gould ,

We've got Handy Timestamp for this particular case. It is a macro included in Handy Macros for Confluence. It can insert the date of page creation, update, or the date of inserting the timestamp. It works in Confluence Server/DC at the moment but we're constantly improving our app functionality  So let us know if you need it for Cloud.

Vladimir Sumilin August 1, 2022

Hello @Stiltsoft Support 

We have Confluence Cloud and would like to know if is it possible to use Handy Macros. I tried to use Handy Timestamp to change the variation of the date which I need, but it's impossible in Cloud.

How can I set the date and time format for Handy Timestamp? 

I found this link, but I said already it's not working for Cloud.

https://docs.stiltsoft.com/hmfc/server-dc/handy-timestamp/how-to-use-handy-timestamp

Best regards,

Vladimir

Terri Isidro December 19, 2023

I also need this for Cloud and would appreciate an update. 

I understand others have recommended creating a user macro to do this. However, user macros cannot be created for Cloud.

Please allow us to use handy timestamp on the cloud version, I need a field in my knowledge base articles to show "last updated" so we always know our pages are current. This is important.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events