Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I include "some" content from one template to another in Confluence.

Jennifer Mazurowski October 23, 2012

I am looking to "include" content from one template to another but I do not want to include an entire page of content; nore do I just want to include a link to the page.

For example,

Master Page has GLOBAL requirements

Child Page needs to incorporate the Global Requirements in a grid and should have the option to add more just for that page.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Antti Mattila October 23, 2012

Is there any plans to get support for using excerpt macro in blog posts as well? Currently it seems that only regular pages are supported as source of information.

I have made separate question but about the case:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/98956/how-to-fetch-part-of-blog-post-to-page-blog-post-in-confluence

1 vote
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

You can use the Excerpt Include macro, which is used to include an "excerpt" part of another page in the current working page, but excerpt must have been defined using the Excerpt macro, here's a page that explains how to do this in details:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Excerpt+Include+Macro

Hope this helps

Lynette Perkins June 24, 2021

However, it only allows you to include ONE excerpt per page.  I have 4 excerpts on  6 different pages I need to push all to one page and it won't let me.  HELP

0 votes
Lynette Perkins June 24, 2021

Can you label sections of content on pages and then push those labels to a master page?  I don't want the entire page's content, only specific sections.

0 votes
Antti Mattila October 24, 2012

I have managed to use excerpt and excerpt include macros successfully only when the source is a regular wiki page i.e. where the excerpt macro is placed.

If I have placed the excerpt macro to a source blog post, and defined that blog post inside excerpt include macro on the target page, I get an error message "Page <name> does not exist".

When setting the blog post as the source of information via excerpt include macro dialog / wizard, the wizard finds the blog post and I can select it. But still I get the same error message when I check the page via Preview tab or after saving the page =(

I have tried this with both Confluence v3.5 and v4.2.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events