Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How can I give edit rights to a single page to everyone in a space where editing pages is restricted

Hello! I have such a problem:

1. There is a space where editing of page is not available to anyone

2. There is one page in a space that I want to make editable for everyone.

3. I removed all restrictions on editing from this particular page

4. However, other people still can't edit it.

I assume the inability to edit is somehow inherited from the space permissions and space restrictions override page permissions.

What can I do to make this page editable for everyone?

2 answers

Hi Ilya,

while @Srinatha T s explanation is technically correct, the provided solution might be a little painful - depending on the amount of pages (or page trees, as page restrictions are inherited) in the very space.

A more pragmatic approach is to have the single page moved to an extra space where users can edit it. You can still display the page in the original space using the Include Page Macro. Provide a link to the editable original page - done.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Nicolai

0 votes
Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 08, 2022

Hi @Илья Барсуков ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

If the user does not have space permissions then they wont be able to edit the pages in the space. So , you will have to give space permission and then restrict all pages and give access to this particular page. 

Thanks,

Srinath T 

Srinatha ji, thank you for your answer. However, let me confirm so that I can be 100% sure: there is no possible way to give edit persmission to a single page in a space where all pages are restricted from editing?

I mean, if I have 100 pages in this space.... I have to:

1. Give permission to edit pages to all people

2. Restrict edit persmission for 99 pages?

Srinatha T Atlassian Team Apr 08, 2022

@Илья Барсуков , Yes. Basically if a person does not have "add" permission at space level they will not get edit option on pages in the space. 

So you will have to allow at space level and restrict at page level. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence: Where work and wellness meet

Feeling overwhelmed by the demands of work and life? With a 25% increase in the prevalence of anxiety and depression worldwide during the pandemic, for most of us, it’s a resounding yes . 🙋‍♀️ ...

763 views 5 21
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you