Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I give edit rights to a single page to everyone in a space where editing pages is restricted

Илья Барсуков April 8, 2022

Hello! I have such a problem:

1. There is a space where editing of page is not available to anyone

2. There is one page in a space that I want to make editable for everyone.

3. I removed all restrictions on editing from this particular page

4. However, other people still can't edit it.

I assume the inability to edit is somehow inherited from the space permissions and space restrictions override page permissions.

What can I do to make this page editable for everyone?

2 answers

1 vote
Nicolai Sibler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2022

Hi Ilya,

while @Srinatha T s explanation is technically correct, the provided solution might be a little painful - depending on the amount of pages (or page trees, as page restrictions are inherited) in the very space.

A more pragmatic approach is to have the single page moved to an extra space where users can edit it. You can still display the page in the original space using the Include Page Macro. Provide a link to the editable original page - done.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Nicolai

0 votes
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Илья Барсуков ,

Welcome to Atlassian community. 

If the user does not have space permissions then they wont be able to edit the pages in the space. So , you will have to give space permission and then restrict all pages and give access to this particular page. 

Thanks,

Srinath T 

Илья Барсуков April 8, 2022

Srinatha ji, thank you for your answer. However, let me confirm so that I can be 100% sure: there is no possible way to give edit persmission to a single page in a space where all pages are restricted from editing?

I mean, if I have 100 pages in this space.... I have to:

1. Give permission to edit pages to all people

2. Restrict edit persmission for 99 pages?

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2022

@Илья Барсуков , Yes. Basically if a person does not have "add" permission at space level they will not get edit option on pages in the space. 

So you will have to allow at space level and restrict at page level. 

Aleksander Lisowski March 8, 2024

This is a very "user-friendly" approach. Is there a feature request for fixing this?

Andrey Ivanov April 5, 2024

Giving write access in the page scope for users having read-only access in the space scope would be even less user-friendly.

Er, I mean admin-friendly.

Later space and org admins would have so many requests about the chaos provoked...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events