How can I get images to not show larger image when clicked?

Kate Peterson June 30, 2020

You can't display an image in the new editor without it displaying a larger image when you click on it.  This is a very undesirable behavior. Images are basic to web pages.

I would like to associated a link of my choice with and image.

If I can't do that I don't want it to do anything at all.

I understand the images are now implemented as attachments, but that is an implementation detail.  People need to display images without them they acting always in a preview mode.

2 answers

0 votes
Marie Arellano October 4, 2023

Echoing Kate's request -this is should be left as an option to admin/owner of the page. The image is large enough but when clicked shows a much smaller image. Is this available now on Cloud?

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2020

Hi Kate,

First of all, welcome to Atlassian Community. Happy to have you join us.

From the Confluence Cloud Editor Roadmap, I was able to discover that the implementation of this feature in the new editor is currently being worked on:

This request is currently in the Implementation Phase according to our New Features Policy. The next step is for it to be released to the public.

If you vote on the above request, you'll be added to the list of watchers and get updates on when this is ready.

In the meantime, you can use the Legacy Editor Template for pages where you need to link an image to text. You'll be able to convert these pages to the new editor template once it's ready. Another option would be to add the link below the image as text.

If you don't have the Legacy Editor Template, let me know, and I can help you get that enabled.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events