How can I get authenticated links for Confluence pages?

Andrea Gazzi June 12, 2014

Hi,
I have a web application and I would like to link some specific Confluence pages to application (e.g. the user into web application click a button and the browser opens the Confluence page related).
I would link this pages without request user login in Confluence.
If it is possible, how can I get the authenticated url for pages of Confluence?
Thanks in advance

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2014

You can create a dummy user for your webapp and then pass the creds through os_username, os_password on the query string, but I would not recommend it since they'll be in access logs and people are now logged in as the dummy user.

If you're using Confluence 5.5 the better route would be to use the new Confluence rest api and pull out the rendered page to the end user in your webapp. See https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/REST/latestfor more details

0 votes
Andrea Gazzi June 12, 2014

Hi,
thanks for reply.
Our purpose was not this but was to have pages in a space and using an authenticated link allows users to view (the pages are accessible with authentication, like normal use...but we want avoid the login step through interface).
I saw the Anonymous access and I think that enabling this feature is equivalent to have public pages because anonymous access is permitted (all persons that knows url can read with a browser using directly the url for example...).

Kyriakos Sgouromitis November 27, 2019

Hi Andrea,

I know it's been a long time since you posted this, but do you remember how you tackled this?

Given that the use of os_username and os_password is deprecated and can't be used now, how do you do it now?

0 votes
Alexander Schätzle June 12, 2014

Hi,

In your space permissions you can mangage your anonymous accesses as well. There you can enable if it shall be possible to see the page to comment etc. even if you are not logged in.

If you do have Confluence On Demand, it should be directly possible. If you have a local installed version of confluence, you should check if you configured a public server or a local server.

I'm not quite shure if this is the answer you were looking for.

Greets

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events