How can I get anchor name without editing the page

Rahav September 10, 2018

I often would like to link to anchors but don't have their exact spelling available. In particular if they were created a while ago and are on different pages than the one I am creating at the moment. Search while creating a link is not particularly helpful because it does not reveal the anchor name, just pages names. It seems that opening Confluence in another tab, editing that other page, and then clicking on the anchor widget is the only way to get the anchor name but this is very convoluted workflow and this is not why we use Confluence right? We want to be focus on content creation.

Is there a more streamlined way to get an anchor name? In particular one that is on another page that you are not editing at this moment?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2018

Hello Rahav,

We have a feature request below to make linking to anchors easier, which you can find below:

Feel free to comment and vote on that request to show your support. In the meantime, you will still need to know the name of the anchor before linking to it.

Let me know if you have any questions about that.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events