How can I gather all page edits for multiple pages in the same place?

Zachariah Melcher March 5, 2021

Hello,

In our company we use confluence for call center scripts and policies that are constantly changing. It is hard to keep track of all the changes happening across multiple teams and orgs. When one of our editors makes a change it goes to a different slack channels depending on the script or policy. I looked through the community page and I am not coming up with anything (although that is probably because looking in the wrong places)

Is there a way that we can compile every page edit from multiple pages in a single place maybe with a brief summary of what changed?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2021

Is this a case of just needing to keep content in sync? In other words, you are changing content in one place, that needs to be reflected elsewhere? If so, you can use the multiexcerpt macro to have the same content appear in multiple places.

If you are just wanting to know what changed, you can use the recently-updated-macro.

You can add a number of filters to narrow down its scope. It wont show you what changed, but you can have it list in reverse chronological order. Then at least you know what pages have recently changed.  I do this for tracking doc changes based on a label with the doc's number.

Zachariah Melcher March 8, 2021

The Recently-Updated macro is precisely what I was looking for. That is very helpful!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events