• Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • How can I freeze a table header while creating a template so that when a user creates a page based off that template they cannot change the information in that table header, just the table contents?

How can I freeze a table header while creating a template so that when a user creates a page based off that template they cannot change the information in that table header, just the table contents?

Jacquelynn Macy August 13, 2015

How can I freeze a table header while creating a template so that when a user creates a page based off that template they cannot change the information in that table header, just the table contents?

I am using the template for users to fill out a "form", where a project is then created off that page from they have entered. Some users are deleting vital information off the tables so that they can get around not having to answer the question. I want to make sure they cannot delete items from a table header to avoid the question. 

is this possible?

example of a table I created below. I want to freeze the header, and allow the user to write in their responses on the right hand side of the table. 

confluence.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

I don't think that will be doable; at least not easily if at all.

One quick, albeit not very attractive, option is to use an image for the head:

image2015-8-13 18:17:33.png

Yes, someone could delete the entire graphic, but I'm guessing it's not very likely as it would be too obvious.

Jacquelynn Macy August 13, 2015

I think that will do! Thank you for that brilliant idea!

Jacquelynn Macy August 18, 2015

@Milo Grika How were you able to get the image to align with the lines in the second column of the table? Did it just work for you right away or were you able to adjust it?

Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

You'll notice that they aren't "really" aligned. The height of the Header cells is shorter than the fillable cells, but it's close enough to appear to be aligned.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events