How can I find all the broken links in a space?

Vidya August 14, 2018

We have many broken links in one of our Confluence Spaces that contains roughly 750 pages. Is there a way I can generate a report that lists down all the broken links across the space?

2 answers

Vidya January 4, 2019

Thanks for sharing the link, Piotr. But this does not work for the Cloud instance. We are running Confluence Cloud.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2019

There is no way to do this on Cloud - all the "tricks" need access that you don't have on Cloud.

Vidya January 4, 2019

Yeah, I am realizing it. This is sad though.

Ravee Panjwani June 7, 2019

If you are open to it, you can try exporting your space to a single page HTML, and then use a text editor that supports regex to extract a complete list of links.

For instance:

Find > .*?(https://docs.confluence.[a-zA-Z0-9\.\/\-\+]+) and replace it with $1\n

That'll help you get a complete list of links, and you use automation to test them.

Like Andreas Graeber likes this
Kim Wallace July 7, 2020

The link mentioned in the is article is 404d.

Lasse Bencke December 22, 2020
Like bitvoodoo miro likes this
Tim Nash September 23, 2021

Does anyone else see the irony in a discussion about finding dead links that includes a link to a solution that happens to now be a dead link, itself? ;-)

Like # people like this
0 votes
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2018

https://gsuite.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/YASH/overview

you can refer this link, here in the overview of space it will enlists all the pages that you have created in your space

Vidya August 14, 2018

Thanks, but I cannot access the link you have shared.

Like marcellamothe likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2018

The link is nonsense, yes.

But if you go to your space overview as a space admin, it will list them.

Vidya August 16, 2018

I want something more like a report that would list all the broken links a space contains.

Like # people like this
shetty
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2018

then go to spaces>my spaces>space details(you will find this towards right)>content tools>export

you will get option pdf/xml/html select the option and click next

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events