How can I filter tables in confluence based on column headings?

jo astley August 13, 2018

I have tables in confluence with reams and reams of data, I need to be able to filter some of this data out based on responses to column headings.

How can I do this please?

Seems at the moment I can only filter from A-Z...or low to high. I need to filter data out not just re-organise it.

I.e. If I have a column heading which requires a yes or no response, I might need to filter out the no responses for example.

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2018

Hi @jo astley

Tables in Confluence are pretty bland by default. I would suggest checking out StiltSoft's Table Filter macro for additional functionality. 

Example in my environment:

x.jpg

jo astley August 14, 2018

Thank you for your response. I had seen this macro but would have expected confluence to provide this as standard and not as a paid for plug in. Filtering data seems such a necessity. Good how they get you with all the additional add ons. Thanks again

Like # people like this
Jonathan Smith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2018

@jo astley I also wish Confluence tables had additional table functionality! Your only other option besides for looking into a macro is working out of a spreadsheet.

Note: If the original answer is sufficient, I would appreciate it if you marked the solution as accepted.

Thanks!

Like jo astley likes this
Dave Symonds February 12, 2022

"would have expected confluence to provide this as standard and not as a paid for plug in."   Thats funny

Like # people like this
2 votes
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2018

Hello Jo,

Table Filter macro should help you in this case. Here you can see how it works.

jo astley August 14, 2018

Thank you for your response, I had seen that but was hoping confluence would have provided this by default and not as a purchased plug in.

Like # people like this
Alexi Zhang November 6, 2019

totally agree on this. confluence cannot handle table filtering, text and font size format etc. some of the basic functions are not provided by confluence.

Confluence, pls dont make these basic features as paid services!

Like # people like this
1 vote
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2022

Hi there,

As this question mentions our Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app, we are happy to introduce its new macro – Table Spreadsheet.

The new macro allows you to work with fully functional Excel spreadsheets right in Confluence.

You’ll be able to use cells’ formulas, filters, conditional formatting, etc., create pivot tables and charts from the page view and edit mode.

The Table Spreadsheet macro is available for Cloud and Server/Data Center.

0 votes
Sébastien NOEL November 11, 2021

Since 2019 (date of last message in this thread)... since Confluence has evolved, is this feature not NOW embedded in Confluence itself without any add on ?

Thanks

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 11, 2021

Hi @Sébastien NOEL ,

I've just answered you in another thread, so let me repeat my comment here: I'm afraid that you are right - at the moment it is not possible to filter, aggregate and calculate tabular data in Confluence out-of-the-box.

So, again we can suggest trying our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence (it is available for Cloud/Server/Data Center).

Maybe you'll be interested in a live demo from our team - please book a suitable time slot here. We'll be happy to show you our macros and the most common use cases.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events