Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I excerpt-include something from a space that the viewer has no permission to?

Ed L April 15, 2019

I have a chart in our NOC space that is locked down to just NOC personnel.  I want to excerpt-include that chart on a page in the user KB space so that I only have to update the chart on one page rather that two different pages.  The users report they can't view that chart (understandably since they don't have View permissions to the NOC space where the original page lives).

What is the proper way to get the results I want or is that impossible without opening up the NOC space to them? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Nicosia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2019

@Ed L - Your assumption is correct. I don’t see a way around that if you want the chart to live in the locked down space.  I think your best option would be to put the chart in another space that has more open permissions and then call the excerpt-include on the KB page and in the NOC page.  Would that work for you? 

Ed L April 15, 2019

Thanks, Chris.  I considered putting the chart in the KB space page and then call it in the NOC page since NOC personnel can view the KB space, too.

Like Chris Nicosia likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events