How can I enable space admin to search for users?

Nate Medeiros November 21, 2017

I would like to allow some users to search for users to add permissions for spaces I assigned them be admins of. However they seem to not be able to search for users to do this. I do not want them to have admin access for all of confluence. How can I enable just this one feature?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Space admins should be able to search for users on the Space Tools>Permissions page. I just tested on Confluence 6.5.x to make sure.

Are your space admins using the little magnifying glass icon to search for users? It should bring up a "User Search" window for them.

Nate Medeiros November 27, 2017

Thanks for the reply. It seems like searching for users in general isnt the issue, It's during the process when a space admin that is not a site admin wants to give a specific user permission to view/edit pages in their space. In the search tool to add users for this, (The padlock icon on a page for restrictions) no one shows up for them.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2017

If you are using Confluence Cloud (your URL ends with .atlassian.net) please open a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com/contact describing the issue so the Cloud support team can reindex your instance.

If you have your own server, please try reindexing as described in Content Index Administration.

A user does not need admin permissions to add users to restrictions. The pulldown should populate as in this example:

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 4.48.54 PM.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events