How can I edit uploaded Excel, Word and PPT files without uploading them everytime?

Sumaid Mehmood March 18, 2019

To whom it may concern. 
        I came across a problem editing Excel/Word files within confluence pages; I was able to download Atlassian Companion and run the file to modify the uploaded file. However, the application tries to connect the file editing with excel but doesn't proceed any further. I am wondering it would this has to do with the restrictions within the confluence. I will appreciate if anyone would clarify it for me, Looking forward to hearing from you and I am attaching the screenshot of editing error I was receiving when I tried to edit uploaded files within confluence pages. Thank You.

image001.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Øhrbom March 19, 2019

I believe the dialogue window you have pictured above is as it should be. The file will be opened in MS Excel in the background. So you have to actively switch to your MS Excel application and it will have your file ready. You then proceed to edit the Excel file, and finally hit save in Excel. Then you switch back to your browser and you will see that the Upload button in your image above has become active. Hit Upload and the new version of your Excel file will be loaded back into Confluence, tagged as a new version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events