How can I edit the attachments i've added to confluence without the data reverting to code? Help!

toluO February 24, 2013

After attaching powerpoint/excel/word documents to my confluence team space. Once i click on the link, and select enable editing the document data reverts to some sort of coding and links and the content disappears.

How can i attach files and have them be able to be edited in Confluence?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2013

Hi Tolu Oke. The way to edit attached files in Confluence, once uploaded, is to download them locally, edit them, then re-attach with the same name. This should overwrite the previous file version on the page with your current version.

If you also have "Delete Attachment" permissions on the page, and the file must be renamed locally, you can delete the orginal once the other has been uploaded.

Does that answer your question or are you talking about editing pages themselves in Confluence, as embedded documents?

toluO February 25, 2013

Hi Tyler,

thanks for getting back to me. After trying a few times your answer is basically what i found.

But yes, i need help with editing in confluence.. the page is a team workspace, so we all need to be able to possibly click on the file, enable the edit and then save it directly back into confluences, perhaps as you would on a sharepoint?! we moreorless need to be able to monitor who has the file or at least make sure sveral copies aren't being re-uploaded at several times overlapping each other!

any thoughts?

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2014
0 votes
toluO March 1, 2013

We've decided to make do, and manage the page within the confluence parameters!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events