How can I edit the attachments i've added to confluence without the data reverting to code? Help!

After attaching powerpoint/excel/word documents to my confluence team space. Once i click on the link, and select enable editing the document data reverts to some sort of coding and links and the content disappears.

How can i attach files and have them be able to be edited in Confluence?

3 answers

1 accepted

Hi Tolu Oke. The way to edit attached files in Confluence, once uploaded, is to download them locally, edit them, then re-attach with the same name. This should overwrite the previous file version on the page with your current version.

If you also have "Delete Attachment" permissions on the page, and the file must be renamed locally, you can delete the orginal once the other has been uploaded.

Does that answer your question or are you talking about editing pages themselves in Confluence, as embedded documents?

Hi Tyler,

thanks for getting back to me. After trying a few times your answer is basically what i found.

But yes, i need help with editing in confluence.. the page is a team workspace, so we all need to be able to possibly click on the file, enable the edit and then save it directly back into confluences, perhaps as you would on a sharepoint?! we moreorless need to be able to monitor who has the file or at least make sure sveral copies aren't being re-uploaded at several times overlapping each other!

any thoughts?

We've decided to make do, and manage the page within the confluence parameters!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Three common content challenges + how to manage them

An efficient enterprise content management system, or ECM, is a must-have for companies that create work online (cough   cough, all companies). If content calendars, marketing plans, and bu...

66 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you