Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I edit my Stylesheet so that only my external links appear as blue and underscored?

Cat March 3, 2021

Our wiki has a style applied that makes every link (both internal confluence page links and external links) to be red with no underscore. I'd like to retain this except for external links, which I want to appear as blue with an underscore. I currently have this applied to my stylesheet:

.wiki-content a { text-decoration:underline !important; color:blue !important; }  

However, the "!important" overrides all of my links. I only want this change to apply to specific links in my space, the external links. Is this possible? If so, how should I edit the above?

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

You should be able to do something like this

/* add this to css and add your sites url and remove mysite.com */ a[href*="//"]:not([href*="mysite.com"]) { text-decoration:underline !important; color:blue !important; }

Cat March 15, 2021

Thank you! Here is what I ended up doing, it's probably a little convoluted but it worked:

/* Global change override - Changes internal links back to red without underscore */  
.wiki-content a[href*="/display/"] { color: #A52A2A !important; text-decoration:none !important}   

/* Global change override - Changes internal links back to red without underscore */  
.wiki-content a[href*="pages/"] { color: #A52A2A !important; text-decoration:none !important}   

/* Global change override - Changes Table of Contents back to red without underscore */
.wiki-content a[class*="toc-link"] { color: #A52A2A !important; text-decoration:none !important}   

/* Global change override - Changes user mention background color so that it is readable */
.wiki-content a.user-mention.current-user-mention { background-color: #87CEFA !important; }   

/* Global change so that all links are blue with an underscore */  
.wiki-content a { text-decoration:underline !important; color:blue !important; }  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events