How can I edit info provided by Page Properties Report macro?

Stoiko Vasilev September 30, 2016

I use Page Properties Report macro to build project report. Is there a way to edit some fields (like a Project Status, Start Date or Finish Date) directly from the page report?

5 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Roman Kirilenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2016

Hi Stoiko,

It seems there is no solution to edit data from the Page Properties Report inline at the moment. But in the most cases people wants to do one simple thing like switch the status for a particular row. I don't know how to switch a date within Page Properties Report but I can suggest a solution to switch the status right from report. Try a Handy Status macro from Handy Macros instead of default Status Macro to do that.

Stoiko Vasilev October 3, 2016

Thanks, Roman. You're right, in most cases we need only to switch status or date. It would be nice to have this feature.

2 votes
Milo Test
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2016

The whole concept of "report" is merely a view of the data, and it's operates that way in virtually every application.

Now the Page Properties report does include a hyperlink to the original page to facilitate editing.

Stoiko Vasilev October 2, 2016

Thanks, Milo. I know it, but I still think that it would be a great improvement to implement such inline updates for particular types of data - dates, status, labels and so on.

Like Jonas Thierfeldt likes this
1 vote
Aaron Kain May 26, 2019

Is there any update on this. I would also like to edit from the report page and have it flow back to the original page.

1 vote
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2016

Like Milo said, the report of a macro executing a query is just a view. But it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

If your use case knows the hits in advance and you only need to access value from a know set of properties to be rendered in a table, then the Tour Macro of the projectdoc Toolbox allows you to override these values (or add additional rows and columns) in this view. But if you need to actually edit the values in the reported document, this is no solution for you.

How does it work? Basically you define a table for each page in a row. Columns are the properties you want to display. For each empty cell the Tour Macro fetches the value from the referenced document.

But this works only on document properties (not page properties) that are defined with the Document Properties Marker Macro.

Disclaimer: I'm one of the authors of the commercial projectdoc Toolbox.

Stoiko Vasilev October 2, 2016

Thanks, Robert. The data I need to edit can be predefined sets (like statuses) or random (like a finish date). It seems that your add-on doesn't provide a fully functional solution to cover my case, but thank you anyway.

0 votes
Kristin Schmidt July 19, 2022

I would be interested in this issue as well. Could you open a story to implement a way where it's possible to add columns to the Page Properties Report or update existing information from the report page?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events