How can I edit a page and keep a draft of it, without publishing and notifying watchers?

Charu April 18, 2018
I want to edit a big page and not publish it unless I am done with changes.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2018

Hi Charu,

A draft is simply an unpublished page, so by not publishing it, you are creating a draft.

Have a look at our documentation on Drafts for more information.

Regards,

Shannon

Charu April 19, 2018

Many thanks Shannon for your answer. This solves my issue.

Best Regards,

Charu

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2018

You're welcome, Charu!

Take care,

Shannon

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2018

Maybe in addition to Shannon's and Stephen's answers, have a look at this app on the marketplace: Page Branching for Confluence

It's different from the built-in functionality of drafts.

Best, Max

Charu April 19, 2018

Thanks for your inputs Max.

Best Regards,

Charu

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

Another option would be to limit the visibility of the page by adding restrictions so that only you can view the page. Then when you are ready to release you simply remove the page restrictions.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 18, 2018

I had thought of this as well! My concern was that Charu was modifying an existing page and didn't want to remove access to the current version.

I would prefer this method at any rate, because I'd be reluctant to rely strictly on drafts in case something were to go wrong.

Shannon

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

Good point. Thanks Shannon!

Charu April 19, 2018

Thanks for your inputs Stephen.

Best Regards,

Charu

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events